Join our team in the upcoming Winter 2019 semester.
We have one open position:
1. Gallery Assistant (Work Study)
Salary: $14.00 Hourly
Job Description: The Gallery Assistant is a front-of-house specialist responsible for welcoming audiences into the Creative Campus Galleries, answering general queries, and providing information about current exhibitions. They are also responsible for monitoring the Gallery during public hours and performing some basic administrative tasks.
Up to 10 hours per week through April 18, 2019. Must be available on Fridays 11AM-2PM.
- This position is contingent upon Work Study approval. Before applying, please confirm your eligibility for Work Study here: https://www.sheridancollege.ca/admissions/financial-aid-and-awards/work-study-assistance.aspx.
- Strong time-management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- An interest in art an asset
Responsibilities may include:
- Monitoring the gallery and welcoming visitors
- Ensuring that the gallery and exhibition are presentable, accessible, and inclusive
- Ensuring all electronic materials in the gallery are functioning
- Introducing exhibition concept and highlights to visitors
- Promoting the Creative Campus Galleries and exhibitions via one-on-one interactions with visitors and online through social media
- Other duties as assigned
Please apply to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter, indicating your availability during Gallery Hours: Mon – Fri, 11am – 4pm.